Latest Football News

Barcelona have made contact with Mesut Ozil as they make plans to bring the midfielder back to La Liga on a free transfer.

Philippe Coutinho has reiterated his desire to move to Barcelona, and Liverpool are considering selling the 25-year-old Brazilian playmaker in January.

Real Madrid are considering a January move forParis St-Germain’s Julian Draxler. The 24-year-old midfielder was previously linked with a move to Arsenal.

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has told kicker that “a €100 million player is unacceptable” for the German champions as his club prepare to face big-spending Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Maroune Fellaini, Paul Pogba and Michael Carrick will all miss Manchester United’s Champions League match against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday night, manager Jose Mourinho has revealed.

Manchester United are planning to have contract extensions in place for Marcus Rashford and Marouane Fellaini before January.

Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy is flying to Barcelona for tests on a knee injury.

City right-back Kyle Walker, 27, says he is happy striker Sergio Aguero is now in same side as “facing him was nightmare”.

Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner is the favourite to take over at West Ham, should the club sack Slaven Bilic.

Everton will test Paris Saint-Germain’s resolve to keep Edinson Cavani by making a £45m bid for the striker in January.

PSG were forced to transfer list eight players after a FFP threat by UEFA. Angel Di Maria, Javier Pastore, Blaise Matuidi, Lucas Moura, Julian Draxler, Hatem Ben Arfa, Serge Aurier and Thiago Silva were the eight players made available and while only two left, more departures are expected in January.

Shanghai Shenhua have rejected reports Carlos Tevez has been banished from the first team, but did challenge the forward “to show the real stuff.”

The father of a 7-year-old boy who died in the Mexico City earthquake last week has sent a second letter to Cristiano Ronaldo, thanking the Real Madrid star for reaching out to the grieving family and telling the Portuguese striker: “Your gesture has helped to lessen the pain.”

Andre Villas-Boas has escaped suspension from the first leg of the Asian Champions League semifinal after he was investigated for suggesting Guangzhou Evergrande had been responsible for car crashes that disrupted Shanghai SIPG’s route to the quarterfinal second leg.

RB Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuttl had to wait at immigration in Turkey after forgetting that he needed a visa to enter the country for the Champions League match at Besiktas.

Sweden manager Janne Andersson has admitted he is frustrated with the lack of match action Victor Lindelof has seen since joining Manchester United.

AC Milan have put Thomas Tuchel at the top of their managerial wish list should they dismiss Vincenzo Montella.

Napoli star Dries Mertens has appeared to rule out a move to Arsenal or Juventus by admitting that he loves life in the city.

Carlo Ancelotti says “never say never” when asked if he could one day return to manage PSG.

Denis Suarez says he had opportunities to leave Barcelona in the summer, but is determined to become a first-team regular under Ernesto Valverde.

Former Liverpool star and reported Tottenham target Suso has extended his contract with AC Milan until 2022 – however, his new deal does contain a release clause, believed to be €50m.

Youri Tielemans claims he rejected the chance to move to Arsenal this summer before completing his switch to Monaco.

Manchester United and Chelsea are both interested in Genoa striker Pietro Pellegri, but the club will not sell the 16-year-old for anything less than £40m.

Jose Mourinho is “happy” he can be “doing my work normally against Crystal Palace” after avoiding an FA ban.

Former Crystal Palace manager Frank de Boer is wanted by Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna.

England midfielder Dele Alli will learn in the coming days if he is to be punished for an offensive gesture made in a World Cup qualifier against Slovakia earlier this month.

Tottenham are preparing a £30m bid for Everton’s Ross Barkley, 23, with their Belgium midfielder Mousa Dembele struggling with a foot problem.

Crystal Palace will be without striker Christian Benteke, 26, for at least six weeks as he recovers from a knee injury.

Leicester have submitted an appeal to Fifa in a bid to finally complete the £25m signing of Adrien Silva, 28, after his deadline-day move was rejected as a result of late paperwork.

Chelsea are preparing to open talks with highly rated attacking midfielder Charly Musonda over a new contract.

Watford midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah, 22, may have to wait for his England breakthrough after a freak knee injury.

Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida, 27, who plays for Osasuna in the Spanish second tier, is reportedly a target for Championship side Leeds.

Major sports networks in the United States will simulcast five Liga MX games over Tuesday and Wednesday to support those affected by natural disasters in recent weeks.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s