Roma sign Patrik Schick on a club-record fee from Sampdoria

Roma have announced the signing of Patrik Schick from Sampdoria on a five-year contract in a move that could be worth an overall €42 million.

Schick, 21, has also been linked with Juventus and Inter Milan this summer but will only join Roma on an initial loan.

In a statement on their official website, the Serie A side broke down the club-record deal for the Czech Republic international striker as “an immediate loan fee of €5 million and, upon the completion of certain sporting objectives, an obligation to make the transfer permanent for a further €9m.

“The terms of the permanent transfer also include various performance-related bonuses, worth up to a maximum of €8m, based on the achievement of certain sporting objectives on the part of both the club and the player.

“Additionally, Sampdoria are entitled to a final payment of €20m in February 2020. Should Schick be sold prior to 1 February 2020, the clubs have agreed that Sampdoria will be entitled to 50% of the eventual transfer fee or €20m — whichever sum is the greater.”

Schick, who arrived in the Italian capital on Monday evening ahead of the move, scored 11 Serie A goals for Samp last season.

“I am very satisfied to be here and very happy,” Schick told Roma’s website.

“For me Roma is the ideal team. “I am looking forward to training with the group and getting ready for the upcoming games.”

Roma sporting director Monchi added: “Patrik is one of the brightest prospects in international football.

“We are all very satisfied to agree this deal especially because, despite being chased by a number of clubs, he has chosen us.”

Schick flew in to Turin on June 22 from Czech Republic’s under-21 camp while they were participating at the European Under-21 Championship to undergo a Juve medical, with whom he had already reached an agreement.

That move collapsed weeks later when Juve sought a reduction on the €30m they had agreed to pay Sampdoria after a cardiac issue was discovered during tests.

He returned to Sampdoria where further tests were performed and, several weeks later, he was given the all-clear by their doctors to resume training, although he still had his eye on a move.

Inter were reported to be leading the chase, but Francesco Totti, in his new role as Roma director, sent the 21-year-old a message, convincing him to join them.

Advertisements

Roma launch Francesco Totti’s final jersey into space

Roma legend Totti’s final shirt launched into space Roma have honoured club legend Francesco Totti by launching the striker’s final shirt into space.

The 40-year-old spent his entire 24-year playing career with the Italian club before retiring in May.

On Tuesday a rocket carrying the iconic number 10 shirt, from his final game against Genoa, was successfully launched from French Guyana.

The striker scored 307 goals in 786 appearances after making his debut aged 16 in 1993 and won one Serie A title.

Totti will now become a director at the Italian club.

Radja Nainggolan signs new four-year deal at Roma

Reported Chelsea and Manchester United target Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with Roma.

The 29-year-old Belgian, who had been linked with a move to the Premier League, has committed to the Serie A club until June 30, 2021.

On Thursday he told asroma.com: “I’ve shown that I always wanted to do this. I’m happy to be here.”

Nainggolan moved to the Stadio Olimpico from Cagliari in January 2014 and has since made 161 appearances for the Giallorossi, scoring 27 goals.

“We are happy that Radja has agreed to spend the most important phase of his career with us,” said Roma president Jim Pallotta.

“Last season he proved he was one of the best midfielders in the world and so it was no surprise he was linked with some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

“But there was never any chance he was going elsewhere, he loves Roma and we’re happy to have him here.”

Aleksandar Kolarov joins AS Roma from Manchester City 


Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov has joined Serie A club Roma on a three-year deal for a fee of £4.5m.

The 31-year-old, who played 247 times for City, won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and two League Cups in his seven years with the club.

The Serbia full-back moved to City from Roma’s rivals Lazio for £16m in 2010.
Kolarov becomes the latest defender to leave City this summer, following Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna out of the club.
“I am extremely happy to be here,” he said. “I will give 100% and more for Roma. My objective is always the same: to win.”

On leaving City he added: “When I came in 2010, honestly, I didn’t expect to play so long.

“Today is the day I have to say goodbye. For me, it’s a very sad day. I am proud that I was part of making City the club that it is.”
Kolarov will now join up with the Italian club in Boston as they continue their pre-season tour of the United States.

Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov close to Roma move

Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov will be allowed to leave to pursue a move to Serie A club Roma.

The 31-year-old, who joined City from Roma’s rivals Lazio for £16m in 2010, was left out of Thursday’s 2-0 friendly defeat by Manchester United.

After the game, City boss Pep Guardiola said: “I don’t like working with people who don’t want to stay. He has a big chance to go to Roma.

“Kola helped me a lot last season in terms of many, many things, but he has a big chance to come back to Rome where he was before.

“He spoke to me, with the club but especially to me, and said he would like to leave and I don’t like to live still with players that don’t want to stay.

“That’s what it is the best option for everybody, especially for him.

“I wish him all the best because he is a really nice guy. We had an excellent relationship with him, I was very pleased to train him and I wish him and his family the best.”

Full-back Kolarov, a Serbia international, has played 247 times for City.

This summer City have signed right-back Kyle Walker from  Tottenham,with the club keen to add Real Madrid’s 26-year-old  full-back Danilo,also a target for Chelsea.

They have also been linked with a bid for Monaco left-back Benjamin  Mendy,while a move for Dani Alves broke down as the 34-year-old joined Paris St-Germain.

Roma Legend Francesco Totti confirms his retirement and new director role


Francesco Totti has confirmed his retirement as a player by accepting a directorship role with Roma.

The 40-year-old Roman, who represented the Giallorossi for 24 years as a striker, played his last game for the Serie A club in May but his status since had been uncertain as he fielded offers.

In an interview published on Roma’s official website on Monday evening, Totti admitted his illustrious on-pitch career was a thing of the past and that a new life in football management awaited him.

He said: “The end of my playing career was May 28, 2017. That for me was an historic day.

“I’ll carry it with me forever. It will be hard to explain to people the feelings and emotions I felt that day.

“The first part of my life, as a player, has ended but now I’m heading into an equally important part as a manager, hoping to do as well as I did on the field.”

Totti made his debut as a 16-year-old in 1993 and won the Scudetto once, in 2001. His 786th and final appearance for Roma was as a substitute in a 3-2 league win over Genoa at the Olimpico.

He was reportedly close to making a swansong switch to China or Major League Soccer but has instead hung up his boots.

“I never wanted that game to end, that day to end,” said Totti, who is Roma’s all-time leading goalscorer with 307 in all competitions.

“For me it was too important, too significant, too exciting.

“The game has given me so much and I tried to give so much back to the people who have showed me so much love day after day.

“Now I’ll try to make myself available at all 360 degrees, from the youth team to the president. It might take six months, a year, two years… I don’t know how long it will take to find the role I prefer.”

Federico Fazio joins Roma on a permanent deal from Tottenham


Roma have agreed a deal to sign central defender Federico Fazio from Tottenham.

The 30-year-old Argentina international spent last season on loan at the Serie A outfit, making 48 appearances, and the Giallorossi have now made the move permanent.

Fazio joined Spurs from Sevilla in 2014 but found first-team action hard to come by at White Hart Lane and spent much of the last 18 months out on loan.

Tottenham said in a statement: “We have reached agreement with AS Roma for the permanent transfer of Federico Fazio.

“Federico joined us in August 2014 from Sevilla and went on to make 32 appearances in a Spurs shirt before returning to spend half of the 2015-16 season on loan with the Spanish side.

“We wish Federico all the best for the future.”

Napoli sign left back Mario Rui from Roma

Napoli have completed the signing of Mario Rui from AS Roma, which means that Liverpool’s Alberto Moreno will not be joining the partenopei.
Moreno is surplus to requirements at Anfield ahead of the start of the new season and had been tipped to join Napoli this summer.
Indeed, the Serie A outfit had a bid for the 24-year-old rejected by the Reds and they have now turned their attention elsewhere and snapped up Rui instead.

Chelsea have completed  the signing of  Roma defender Antonio Rudiger

​Chelsea have completed the signing of Roma defender Antonio Rudiger on a five-year contract.

The 24-year-old Germany international will cost the Stamford Bridge club an initial £29million with add-ons potentially taking the deal to £33.3m.

Rudiger will take over the number two shirt left vacant after Branislav Ivanovic’s departure to Zenit St Petersburg in February.
The German defender becomes the Blues’ second major signing of the summer after the arrival Manchester City  goalkeeper Willy  Caballero.

Rudiger, 24, completed the transfer one week after helping world champions Germany win the  Confederations Cup.
The defender said: “It’s a great feeling because not every player has the opportunity to join a huge club like this.

“I am looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates and I’m very proud to officially become a Chelsea player.”
Rudiger has spent the last two seasons in Serie A, joining Roma on loan at the start of the 2015-16 season and then joining the club on a permanent basis last summer for £7.6m.
“Antonio is still young but is experienced at club and international level and possesses all the requisite attributes to thrive in the Premier League,” said Chelsea’s technical director Michael Emenalo.

“He is a player of proven quality.”
Rudiger played for Borussia Dortmund at youth level before moving to Stuttgart in 2011.

He made his Bundesliga debut in January 2012 and clocked up 66 appearances in Germany’s top flight before moving to Roma in 2015.

Rudiger made 30 Serie A appearances in 2015-16 as Roma finished third and a further 26 in 2016-17 as they were runners-up to Juventus.

He also played six Champions League games in 2015-16 as Roma reached the last 16.

In addition, Rudiger has made 17 appearances for Germany, including a 1-0 win friendly win over Englandin March, but was ruled out of Euro  2016after tearing cruciate knee ligaments.
Because he was set to take a break after his involvement in the Confederations Cup, Rudiger is unlikely to be involved when the majority of Antonio Conte’s squad return to pre-season training on Monday.

Chelsea agree deal with Roma for German defender Antonio Rudiger

Chelsea have agreed a £33.4m deal with Roma to sign Antonio Rudiger,

The 24-year-old Germany centre-back is set to undergo a medical on Monday and finalise personal terms on a five-year contract.

The 24-year-old Germany centre-back is set to undergo a medical on Monday and finalise personal terms on a five-year contract.
It is reported that an agreement of £29m up-front with a further £4.4m in add-ons has been sealed between the clubs.
The centre-half joined  the Serie A side from Stuttgart for £7.6m last  summer.
He has 16 caps for Germany and made 72 appearances for Roma across two successful seasons in Italy.

Zenit sign Leandro Paredes from Roma for €23m

Roma midfielder Leandro Paredes has joined Zenit St Petersburg on a four-year contract, the Russian club have announced.

Paredes, who began his career at Boca Juniors, had also been linked with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich and Serie A winners Juventus.

The Argentina international started 15 games for Roma last season, scoring three times, and Roma’s official website said Zenit would pay an initial €23 million, which could rise by another €4m through clauses.

A product of the Boca Juniors academy, Paredes initially joined Chievo on a temporary basis in January 2014 and was then loaned to Roma in July of that year. 

He signed permanently for the Giallorossi from Boca Juniors in June 2015.
Paredes played for Empoli on loan in 2015-16 before returning to Roma last summer.

Liverpool complete Mohamed Salah signing from Roma

Liverpool have completed the 39m euro (£34m) signing of Roma’s former Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah on a five-year deal.

At current exchange rates, the fee is short of the club record £35m paid for Andy Carroll in 2011 but matches the sum they spent in 2016 to make Sadio Mane the most expensive African player.

Roma, though, said the deal was worth an initial €42 million (£36.9m), while incentives could add an additional €8 million (£7m).

Salah becomes Liverpool’s second signing of the summer, following Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke.

“I’m very excited to be here. I’m very happy,” Salah told Liverpool’s website. “I will give 100 per cent and give everything for the club. I really want to win something for this club.

“We have a great team and very good players. I was watching the games last year and everyone was giving 100 percent to win something.

“Everyone can see the coach gives everything. I hope to see that together we can give everything to win something for the club, for the supporters and for us.”
Salah scored 15 goals last season as Roma finished second to Juventus in the league, and will wear No. 11, with Roberto Firmino agreeing to move to No. 9.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said Salah has “the perfect mix of experience and potential”, adding: “This is a really exciting signing for us.

“I have followed him since he emerged at Basle and he has matured into a really good player.

“His pace is incredible, he gives us more attacking threat and we are already strong in this area. I like that we will make it even more competitive.” 

Liverpool agree club-record fee for Roma’s Mohammed Salah

Liverpool have agreed a club-record fee which could reach £39million for former Chelsea player Mohamed Salah.
The Roma winger will become the club’s most expensive signing ever, topping the £35million they paid Newcastle for Andy Carroll in January 2011.
The deal could be announced within 48 hours with Salah set to sign a five-year contract worth around £90,000 a week.
Liverpool are believed to have agreed a fee of around £35million up front with a further £4million related to bonuses and performance-related add-ons.

Inter Milan appoint former Roma coach Luciano Spalletti as new head coach

​Inter Milan have confirmed the appointment of Luciano Spalletti as their new coach on a two-year contract.

Spalletti left Roma last month and has now committed to Inter until 2019 after meeting with the club’s owners in China earlier this week.

Inter announced the news on Friday, adding that Spalletti will be unveiled as their new boss on Wednesday.
An Inter statement read: “F.C. Internazionale are delighted to announce that Luciano Spalletti has been appointed as head coach of the first team.
“The new coach, who has signed a two-year contract, will be unveiled at a media conference at Suning Training Centre in memory of Angelo Moratti next Wednesday at 12:00 CEST. He will take his first training session with the team on Monday 3 July.

“Luciano Spalletti has been involved in more Serie A matches than any other coach currently employed in Serie A — 406 and counting. On a personal level, he won the prestigious Panchina d’Oro award in 2004-05 and was named Coach of the Year by the Italian Footballers’ Association in 2006 and 2007.

“Best of luck in the new job, Luciano!”

Totti set for his last game for AS Roma

Francesco Totti says his “love for football will never fade” as he prepares for “the last time I can wear Roma’s jersey” on Sunday.

The 40-year-old Italian is to end his 24-year playing career with Roma – he is set to become a director at the only club he has played for

He has scored 307 goals in 783 games since making his debut in 1993 aged 16.

“I can’t tell you in a few words how much these colours meant, mean and will always mean to me,” he tweeted.

“I just feel that my love for football never fades. It’s a passion, my passion. It’s so deep I can’t imagine not fuelling it any longer. Ever.

“From Monday I’m ready to go again. I’m ready for a new challenge. Roma v Genoa, Sunday, 28 May 2017, the last time I can wear Roma’s jersey.”

Totti, a World Cup winner with Italy in 2006, has won one Serie A title and two Coppa Italias at Roma.

He was widely expected to quit playing last summer but signed a one-year extension to his contract.

This season he has made 27 appearances, mostly as a substitute. Roma are second in the table, four points behind newly-crowned champions Juventus before the final day of the season on Sunday.

Totti was 16 when he made his Roma debut as a substitute on 28 March 1993 in a 2-0 win against Brescia.