Jose Mourinho will offer to shake the hand of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger when they meet on Saturday
The uncertainty surrounding the futures of John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic, who both have less than a year remaining on their current contracts, is reportedly affecting the Chelsea dressing room.
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw has undergone a second operation on his broken leg in Holland.
Louis van Gaal has revealed Luke Shaw is in ‘good spirits’ and could return to England on Saturday to continue his recovery from a broken leg.
Van Gaal is weighing up three replacements for the injured Luke Shaw as he looks to rebuild United’s left flank after the “big loss” of seeing the full-back ruled out for most of the season.
Daley Blind, Marcos Rojo or Ashley Young are being considered to take over from the England international.
Real Madrid coach Rafa Benitez says he is optimistic about Gareth Bale’s current calf muscle injury — while not ruling out asking Wales manager Chris Coleman to allow the €100 million forward to sit out his country’s upcoming Euro 2016 qualifiers
Former Barcelona director and presidential candidate Toni Freixa has claimed the club could register a new player to replace the injured Rafinha as the transfer ban imposed on them by FIFA has expired — paving the way for an early debut for Arda Turan or Aleix Vidal.
Paris Saint-Germain manager Laurent Blanc has insisted that star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is fit enough to start in back-to-back matches.
Manchester City’s new-look attack of Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling, Kevin de Bruyne and David Silva will start together for the first time in Saturday’s Premier League match against West Ham.
Wayne Rooney missed Manchester United’s last two matches with a hamstring problem, but will be able to start at Southampton on Sunday.
Liverpool have announced that defender Mamadou Sakho has signed a new long-term contract with the club.
Sakho moved to Anfield from Paris Saint-Germain in 2013 and wore the captain’s armband for the first time in Thursday’s UEFA Europa League draw in Bordeaux.
The six children of the late Malcolm Glazer will be paid £2.5m each a year as a dividend, as the majority shareholders of Manchester United.
Southampton will offer Ronald Koeman a new contract amid interest from the Dutch FA in making the Saints boss Netherlands head coach.
Borussia Dortmund have inserted a clause in the Ciro Immobile loan deal which stipulates Sevilla has to buy the striker if he makes a certain number of appearances for the Spanish side.
Inter striker Rodrigo Palacio reportedly plans to follow Carlos Tevez and return from Serie A to Boca in January 2016.
Diego Aguirre is without a club since leaving Internacional and is the main name in the frame to replace Enderson Moreira at Fluminense.
Porto are closing in on a move for 27-year-old Argentina midfielder Ricky Alvarez, who is on loan at Sunderland from Inter Milan.
Everton could make a move for 23-year-old Empoli forward Riccardo Saponara in January.
Chelsea have stepped up their interest in Valencia defender Jose Luis Gaya, 20, and are considering paying his release clause.
A Spanish XI would not lift the Premier League title, according to Chelsea’s Spanish full-back Cesar Azpilicueta.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez believes Champions League-chasing sides will need fewer points than usual to secure a Premier League top-four spot.
Brendan Rodgers believes Daniel Sturridge’s return from injury will elevate Liverpool’s game to “a new dimension”, having seen evidence of a rapport in training between the England striker and summer signing Christian Benteke.
The Football Association has confirmed it is looking into a complaint that Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho used abusive language toward club doctor Eva Carneiro during an incident in the opening 2-2 draw with Swansea last month.
Manuel Pellegrini is confident that Vincent Kompany has put his injury problems behind him, even though Manchester City’s captain is sidelined again.
Arsenal’s parent company has posted a profit of £24.7 million and a cash reserve of £193.1m in its latest set of published figures.
Ex-Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit has admitted that he regrets leaving the club as well as joining Chelsea instead of Manchester United.
Swansea City are unconcerned about Dutch club FC Utrecht going to the Court of Arbitration of Sport over money they claim is owed to them from goalkeeper Michel Vorm’s transfer to Tottenham.
Andros Townsend’s partner was duped into thinking he’d been fined by Tottenham after seeing a screenshot from a video game on Twitter.
- With Rafinha having torn his ACL, Barcelona are said to be weighing up a January swoop for Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogan. The midfielder extended his contract with BVB, but could be tempted to leave for the Liga champions.
- Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin learned how to speak English by watching Only Fools and Horses.
- Saints Manager Ronald Koeman has denied reports that he is set to sign a new contract with the club.
- Koeman wants fans to give Morgan Schneiderlin a warm reception when he returns to St Mary’s on Sunday.
- Louis van Gaal has urged Manchester United to beat Southampton on Sunday for Luke Shaw.
- Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, 24, says Jose Mourinho spoke to him only twice during their time together at Chelsea.
- City are set to announce a club record turnover next month and overtake their rivals United in the financial stakes for the first time.
- Jose Mourinho has backed Eden Hazard to bounce back to his brilliant best – but warned he’s ready to axe the Belgium superstar if he doesn’t.
- Mourinho will deny claims he used language referring to gender towards team doctor Eva Caneiro.
- Rafael Benitez has called Cristiano Ronaldo ‘Real Madrid’s most important player’ but urged him to use his gifts for the good of the team and not just for personal glory.
- Barcelona forward Lionel Messi will not be making an appearance at the Dakar car rally in South America – despite assertions from race organisers.
- Slaven Bilic believes Dimitri Payet can be West Ham’s answer to Manchester City schemer David Silva ahead of the clash between the two teams.
- Steve McClaren has described Newcastle’s 2-0 defeat at West Ham as “like a car crash.”
- Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew claims the club received no offers for Yannick Bolasie in the summer.
- Mark Hughes says he has been protecting Bojan from the doubters, resisting the temptation to throw him into action despite Stoke’s winless start to the season.
- Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has compared winger Riyad Marhez to the cartoon character Road Runner.
- Wayne Rooney has spoken of his love of boxing, but admits his club would probably not be too happy if he was to spar.
- West Brom will make a decision on whether they sign Ricardo Vaz Te next week.
- PSV Eindhoven defender Hector Moreno and Phillip Cocu visited Luke Shaw in hospital in Holland.