Manchester City  trio make loan switch to NAC Breda

With their path blocked at the Etihad Stadium, the trio will head to the Netherlands looking to get important minutes under their belt.Manchester City have allowed Thierry Ambrose, Paolo Fernandes and Pablo Mari to link up with NAC Breda on loan for the 2017-18 season.

Ambrose is a 20-year-old forward who was tipped for big things at City before injury stunted his progress.

Fernandes is another exciting prospect, with the 18-year-old having contributed 13 goals and seven assists to the City cause in Premier League 2 and UEFA Youth League competitions last term.

He too will be getting his first taste of senior action in Holland


Mari will be seeking to kick-start his career.

The Spaniard took in time with Girona FC in 2016-17, but was afforded few opportunities.
All three City starlets will be gracing the Dutch top-flight next season after NAC secured promotion back to the big time with a play-off victory over NEC Nijmegen.

Juventus confirm imminent release, as Manchester City move nears


​Juventus have confirmed that Dani Alves will be released from his current contract, further clearing the way for Manchester City to secure a deal for the former Barcelona defender.
Alves won three La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues during Guardiola’s four years in charge at the Camp Nou before leaving for Juventus on a free transfer last summer, despite having 12 months on his Barca deal.

He helped the Italian team to a league and cup double and playing a crucial role in driving them to the Champions League final, where they lost 4-1 to Real Madrid.
He struggled initially in Serie A and fractured his fibula in November, which sidelined him for almost two months, but he returned to action at the start of February and went on to make 33 appearances, scoring six goals and collecting seven assists.

Alves’ relationship with the club began to deteriorate after the defeat in Cardiff, however, and his recent behaviour has angered supporters.
Last week Alves said in an interview with Brazilian TV that Juventus forward Paolo Dybala needs to leave the Serie A giants one day in order to improve as a player.
On Monday he further baffled fans by posting a picture of his boots from Barcelona’s 3-1 win over Juve in the 2015 Champions League final on his Instagram account, and Marotta revealed Alves has asked for a way out of his two-year contract with the club.
“Dani Alves has decided that he wants to change his surroundings, so we will come to a mutual agreement and we wish him luck,” Marotta told reporters on Wednesday.

“There has been no break-up with Dani, but motivation is fundamental for any footballer.”
Chelsea have also had a bid rejected by Juventus for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, according to  Marotta.

Dani Alves set for talks with Manchester City


Dani Alves is ready to hold talks with Manchester City and Chelsea after reportedly coming to an arrangement with Juventus on his contract.

 Alves is understood to be close to agreeing a £100,000-a-week contract with Pep Guardiola’s side.
The Brazilian full-back signed a two-year deal, with an option to extend with Juve last summer after leaving Barcelona, but the 34-year-old has managed to terminate his deal in Turin.
According to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, claims Alves has “asked to resign his contract” and will soon be free to negotiate a move away from Serie A with Man City and Chelsea both keen on his services.

Alves’ agent had a meeting with Juventus on Monday and made the club aware of his client’s desire to leave after just 12 months in Turin.

The defender is believed to be keen to link up again Pep Guardiola, who managed him at Barcelona – a coach he has claimed is a “genuis”.

“If you turn the word ‘computer’ backwards, it spells ‘Steve Jobs’. If you turn the word ‘football’ backwards, it spells ‘Pep’,” Alves wrote for the Players’ Tribune website ahead of the Champions league final last month. “He is a genius. I’ll say it again. A genius.”
Man City were reported to be preparing a £5million bid for Alves, but now the player will move on a free transfer after Juve and Alves came to an agreement on his remaining 12 months.

It is not clear whether Alves had to buyout his Juventus contract, but he will likely demand a big signing on fee from his new suitors, which will likely negate any fee he stumped up to Juve.

Former Wigan and United coach Warren Joyce appointed new coach of Melbourne City


Melbourne City have officially unveiled Warren Joyce as their new head coach, with the experienced boss welcomed to the City Academy on Monday.
Melbourne City are part of the City Football Group, run by Manchester City’s Abu Dhabi-based owners.

Joyce, 52, has experience both as a player and later a manager in England and Belgium, including a spell coaching Leeds United’s reserves, two years at Royal Antwerp, eight years at Manchester United reserves, and as manager for Wigan Athletic in the Championship.
Joyce, 52, has been out of work since being sacked by the Latics on 13  Marchafter four months in charge.
The former Bolton, Preston and Hull midfielder arrives in Melbourne as players begin their pre-season training, and will work alongside assistant coaches Michael Valkanis, Joe Montemurro and goalkeeping coach Joey Didiluca.
“I am delighted to be joining Melbourne City Football Club at this time in its evolution,” Joyce said of his appointment.
“The people at the club, their vision and their values together with the opportunity to help develop and build this team to its full potential meant that this was an offer which was impossible to turn down. I can’t wait to get started.”

Simon Pearce, vice-chairman of Melbourne City, added: “In Warren Joyce, we have a manager with a long and distinguished footballing career, who has proved himself, in many different environments, as both a pragmatic manager and a versatile, driven coach.

“His career achievements, and the many coaching partnerships he has had in the past, suggest an ideal cultural and tactical fit for Melbourne City.”
Melbourne City won the Australian Cup last season but sacked coach Michael Valkanis after a poor A-League play-off campaign ended with elimination by Perth Glory.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Real Madrid exit rumours 

  • ​Manchester United are lining up a sensational £183million, three-player deal with Real Madrid.

  • Manchester City have reportedly  contacted Cristiano Ronaldo amid  speculation he is set to quit Real  Madrid.
  • Chelsea have also emerged as surprise contenders for Ronaldo, with owner Roman Abramovich ready to pay a world-record fee for the 32-year-old.
  • Paris Saint-Germain are prepared to bid €140M and make Cristiano Ronaldo the most expensive player in history, on a salary of €30m per year.
  • Real Madrid say it would take a £350m deal to allow forward Cristiano Ronaldo to leave the club, which they expect to deter Paris St-Germain and Manchester United.
  • But Ronaldo’s advisers say a fee of 150m euros (£131m) will be enough, with the player wanting a “fresh challenge”.
  • Real president Florentino Perez has told Portugal forward Ronaldo that he will not stand in his way if he wants to leave the Spanish champions.
  • Ronaldo will only stay at Madrid if the club agrees to pay his disputed £13m tax bill.
  • Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is considering possible destinations for his client, while Real, who are yet to receive any bids, believe the 32-year-old may have a change of heart in time.
  • Cristiano Ronaldo has been called by Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane and pleaded with him to stay

Manchester City  complete the signing of goalkeeper Ederson Moraes

Manchester City have wrapped up the signing of goalkeeper Ederson from Benfica for 40m Euros (£34.7m).

City needed to resolve third-party ownership issues before confirming their new acquisition on Thursday morning and the 23-year-old will officially join on July 1 on a six-year deal.

He will become City’s fourth Brazilian alongside Fernandinho, Fernando and Gabriel Jesus.

“I like everything about Manchester City,” Ederson told City’s website. “This is a great club, the league they have here in England and they have amazing fans and they play splendid football.

“I have always had the dream to play in English football and now I’m going to make it true.
“With Pep Guardiola, City are growing more and more. He is putting in place a young team for the future. Those were important factors in making my decision.

“Manchester City has an amazing squad. I think they managed to have a good season. Next season, we will have to be focused to achieve the goal of winning trophies.”
Ederson originally joined Benfica as a 16-year-old but was released after two years to spend time with Portuguese lower-league side Ribeirao before returning to Rio Ave.

He returned to the Estadio Luz in the summer of 2015 and went on to win two league titles and three cups with the Lisbon-based side. The goalkeeper was called up by Brazil in March but has yet to be capped.